EXTENDED WARRANTY INSURANCE
Factory Approved Extended Warranty Insurance is available to Lexus owners only and can be purchased any time after you purchase your vehicle up to 4 years old and have travelled less than 90,000 kms.
Any Lexus component found to be defective in materials or workmanship under normal use and operating conditions within Australia will be repaired or replaced at no cost to you (subject to policy conditions).
This option gives you:
- Lexus Genuine parts used on all repairs
- Quality guarantee on all workmanship
- Australia-wide cover
- Additional benefits such as towing, vehicle hire and accommodation
We, or our Dealers, may occasionally offer customers a Lexus Premium Care Extended Factory Warranty, which is not available for sale. If you have received a Lexus Premium Care Extended Factory Warranty and require a copy of the Terms and Conditions or a transfer application form, please download a copy from the links below.
- Lexus Factory Approved Extended Warranty Insurance Policy and Product Disclosure Statement [View PDF 404 KB]
- Supplementary Product Disclosure Statement (SPDS) This SPDS, dated 19th February 2021, updates and should be read in conjunction with the Lexus Insurance Factory Approved Extended Warranty Insurance Policy and Product Disclosure Statement any other applicable SPDS we may have given you, for new policies issued on or after 25th March, 2021.
- Supplementary Product Disclosure Statement (SPDS) This SPDS, dated 1 May 2019, updates and should be read in conjunction with the Lexus Factory Approved Extended Warranty Insurance Policy and Product Disclosure Statement and any other applicable SPDS we may have given you.
- Factory Approved Extended Warranty Transfer Form [View PDF 38 KB]
- Lexus Insurance Financial Services Guide [View PDF 23 KB]
- Premium Care Extended Factory Warranty T&C's [View PDF 1.4 MB]
- Premium Care Extended Factory Warranty Transfer Form [View PDF 36 KB]
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT TYPES OF INSURANCE ARE AVAILABLE FROM LEXUS FINANCIAL SERVICES?
Comprehensive Motor Vehicle Insurance
Imagine the inconvenience of being without your vehicle. Could you afford costly repairs, or to replace your vehicle altogether? Our Comprehensive Motor Vehicle policy includes cover for accidental loss, damage and liability for property damage, providing peace of mind motoring and confidence throughout your Lexus ownership. For further details on the insurance options available for your Lexus, visit the Motor Vehicle Insurance section of the Lexus website, email us, or call 1300 888 840 for more information.
Finance Gap Insurance
If you've financed your vehicle and it is written off as a result of an accident or theft, there may be a 'gap' between the amount your motor vehicle insurer pays you and the outstanding balance on your vehicle finance contract. In this situation, Finance Gap Insurance helps to protect you from experiencing significant financial loss and personal inconvenience and also provides cover for extra costs associated with your purchase of a replacement vehicle. For further details on the features and benefits visit the Finance Gap Insurance section of the Lexus website, email us or call 1300 888 840 for more information.
Finance Protection Insurance
It's always better to have options, no matter what your circumstance. So if you're unable to work due to serious illness, accidental injury, or following involuntary redundancy, our Finance Protection Insurance policy provides cover for your car loan repayments for up to six months, subject to the maximum cover amount you've chosen. For further details on the features and benefits visit the Finance Protection Insurance section of the Lexus website, email us, or call 1300 888 840 for more information.
Extended Warranty Insurance
Factory Approved Extended Warranty Insurance offers you protection that continues beyond your Lexus new vehicle warranty cover. You can purchase this policy at any time whilst your Lexus is still covered by the Lexus new vehicle warranty. For further details on the features and benefits visit the Warranty Insurance section of the Lexus website, email us or call 1300 888 840 for more information.
HOW CAN I PURCHASE LEXUS FINANCIAL SERVICES INSURANCE PRODUCTS?
HOW DO I MAKE AN INSURANCE CLAIM?
For Factory Approved Extended Warranty Insurance and Extended Warranty Insurance claims you will need to contact the Administrator and advise them that you wish to make a claim. A claim form can be obtained by emailing the Administrator or calling 1300 888 840.
I RECENTLY SOLD MY VEHICLE. CAN I TRANSFER THE EXTENDED WARRANTY TO THE NEW OWNER?
Transfer will not be accepted if the vehicle is sold to or through a motor dealer or trader. To request a transfer, please contact the Administrator on 1300 888 840 and advise that you wish to transfer your policy to the new owner of the vehicle.
To facilitate your transfer application, please send your completed form to us, along with the following supporting documentation:
- Vehicle service history - if you cannot supply proof of scheduled servicing it may affect approval of this transfer
- Proof of private sale
- Roadworthy inspection report
- Your payment for the transfer fee of $60.00 (including GST) by cheque, money order or credit card. Please do not send cash
Please send the completed transfer application along with the supporting documentation to: Lexus Insurance Administrator, Locked Bag 980, Milsons Point NSW 1565.
Lexus Insurance is issued by Toyota Finance Australia Limited ABN 48 002 435 181, AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 392536. The insurer is Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Australia Pty Ltd ABN 11 132 524 282, AFSL 443540 (Adica). Our warranty insurance policies do not change or take away your rights under the Australian Consumer Law. Your right to claim under our warranty insurance policies for the benefits covered is in addition to other rights and remedies you have under the law in relation to your vehicle. However, you can choose to make a claim under any of our warranty insurance policies even if you have rights under the law.